Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tired of shopping...too much plenty...

I was grumbling to myself this morning about not knowing how my grandmother did it. I'm stocking up for a weekend with ten people, and have more food in the house than I can shake a stick at. I am SO TIRED of trying to figure out what to buy.

And then, as I started to write this blog I kicked myself. Because so many people in the world have nothing. And we have food everywhere...so much food that we are all FAT. We need to take out gym memberships so that we can work out to become skinny. Because we have all these "labor-saving" devices.

We even have folks in this country who don't have enough to eat. So, now that I've reminded myself, even though I'm grumpy about still having to buy more food, I'm grateful that I can.

I still don't know how my grandmother did it. (Although I suspect its easier to stock up for a summer and replenish the pantry than buy for a full weekend kablooie)

I have : chicken, fruit(cherries, blueberries, bananas), cereal, bagels, bread, butter, tortilla chips, salsa, cheeses, asparagus, green beans, salad fixings, mushrooms, avocadoes, peppers, pistachios, cottage cheese, yogurt, rice, potatoes. I still need to buy milk and some kind of lunch meats. I thought about buying a ham, but there is no room in the fridge. I have a leg of lamb in the freezer I am taking up too.

Anything you would add to that?

4 teenage boys, 1 teen girl. God Help Us. (At least the forecast is good)

No comments: