So I should really be getting ready for work, but instead I felt that I absolutely had to blog about makeup, nail polish, etc...I have a love/hate relationship with beauty products. I love the way I look when I wear makeup, I love color, painting my face, looking jazzy. However, I hate the chemicals in the makeup. I hate the artificial gunk, I hate the time it takes, and I'm not very good about incorporating it into my daily life. I tend to wear it when I'm being dressy.
What I wear? Eyeliner, eye shadow (blues, greens, gold, maybe copper, and sometimes purple), blush, and lipstick. I'll wear nail polish from time to time too, but am not very good at maintaining it.
You HAVE to be careful about colors. I spent the eighties looking as if I had been punched in the face with my purple eyeshadow (its was a strange bruise shade). I also had this odd matt blue nail polish... that being said, the new blues in nail polishes are fabulous. I've gotten compliments on the teal and green nail polishes I've worn....
I just bought some new makeup the other day, so I'm psyched. New eyeliner in a nice vibrant green, and new eyeshadow in the same. I do wish more of the natural cosmetic companies made funky colors and shades... I just love color, particularly in the summer....
I do think one needs to be careful with makeup...too many women end up going overboard and look too made up, or they look too natural...or even look like it was just slapped on. None of those work.... You have to have a balance. Figure out your best features (eyes and lips) and figure out how to highlight them....
No comments:
Post a Comment