So I was reading one of the blogs on my list, and saw this poem on it:
How to Be Alone
I live alone. I have basically been alone since I was 16. Apart from the years with the ex from 27 to 32.
I used to dance by myself as a teenager. And I think I need to start doing that again.
I go to museums alone. I travel alone. When I went alone on the Queen Mary, people asked me why. I answered that I didn't want to wait for someone to come along who would do these things with me, because if I did, it might never happen.
Its more likely for me to do things alone than with someone. People I know all have their own lives, and their own agendas. They have kids, they have full-time jobs, they have family close by.
I have family in the summer, at certain times of the year. I go to the theater, go to concerts... but yes, I go to movies alone. I eat out alone.
Alone isn't hard, and alone doesn't have to be lonely. Of course, sometimes it is. And of course, sometimes its hard. But generally, I like alone...
But I like people too.
No comments:
Post a Comment