Sunday, January 11, 2009

Je suis amuse!

I've been doing Facebook in French, and it is tres amusante. I'm actually bilingual, with a smattering of Arabic as well, and I fall back into doing the bilingual thing pretty easily. Its actually tougher for me, sometimes, to only speak straight English, because I keep wanting to say 'Inshallah' or add the French word in that would say perfectly what I want. So I'm actually enjoying having my Facebook being bilingual, and having a mix of French and English with the occasional Arabic thrown in.

I do love some of what French and Facebook do with status updates, and I like relationships in French. Moi, je suis celibataire. Yes, to being single, but also celibate.... (on another day it might annoy me, though).... but the whole thing is described as 'Situation amoureuse' which I LOVE. It sounds just so much better, so much classier, in French. If you are in a relationship, you are 'En couple', if you are in an open relationship, its 'En union libre'...and so on. It just sounds so much better than crude English.

J'adore Francais et j'adore la France. And yes, I am aware my grammar is probably f'ed up...in both Anglais and French, grammar was never my strong point (which is why I failed hieroglyphics in college).

No comments: