Monday, January 12, 2009

Good Night and Good Luck

I just saw this, and it is apropos for the times. I do feel as if we go on witch-hunts every so often, because there HAS to be a scapegoat. And I go on AOL, read the news stories, read the comments, and cringe. I'm on a messageboard with some wonderful people, but even they make comments that make me cringe.

And yes, I am equally guilty for not speaking up. Unfortunately, I don't speak up sometimes about a lot of things I beleive in. I believe in communication between religions, that we are all people first and foremost. I believe that we have had a witchhunt for terrorists in this country, and that we have gone too far. I believe that women should be able to have an abortion, but should also realise that it is a hard, hard thing to do, and a hard thing to live with. And that there is a grief process associated with it.

I believe that we have poisoned our food supply and our planet. That plastics are horrible...I wish I could eliminate plastic completely. Its just impossible. I wish we could use less fertilizer, pesticides, etc. Does it really matter how green the darn lawn is?

I believe in reading, in books, in freedom of speech. I believe in equality, in citizenship. I believe in love, in support, in friendship. I believe in doing something that makes you happy. I believe in challenging yourself and trying something new every year of your life.

I believe in being the best person I can be!

No comments: