Sunday, December 23, 2007

Always Alone (AKA The blues)

So, in the end, we are always fundamentally alone. I'm hurting tonight. I am so intensely lonely tonight and don't have anyone to call. I don't feel like I will ever be given the chance to sing anything solo or with a quartet, no matter how much I work with my voice teacher. Its frustrating because then Marissa waltzes in, and bam, because she is dating one and friends with the other, she gets several solos. I could have sung 'Bleak Midwinter' better than she did. I learned the carol from the Brits at age 10.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'm good, but I am better than they give me credit for. But guess what, guys. You put me in a place where all I can hear are the basses? (our church) Or where I can't see the conductor? I'm not going to do as well. I do better at the higher parts, the more complex things that actually have a tune, rather than the 'rounds'. I could have done 'A Babe is Born' or the one I actually worked on with my voice teacher 'There is no Rose'. I KNEW that one. I am just so frustrated. Because I am decent, if you give me a chance. I have a pretty voice. All I ask for is a chance.

And to my fellow choir members, Gabe loved his gifts. No, they weren't huge, but guess what? When most people give me the money the day before, I don't have a hell of a lot of chance to shop. And enough with the gift cards, those are not 'big' things. And yes, I am getting him one. But please. Every gift does not have to be a gift card from the Mall. If you want input on his gifts, or want to suggest a new idea, please do. Otherwise let me find something he will really like. All the $$ will get used eventually.

1 comment:

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

Hi there- i found this blog when I hit on 'intro' for you on the wheat free blog. Praying for you girl. I was just out doing a last minute errand and was listening to Focus on the FAmily today. They were actually talking about the great pain that many many people feel this time of year....the expectations are artifically high. It is never like it is in the sit-com, dramas or soap operas. You know this of course and it doesn't make the hurt any less. I know... still I'm going to pray.