So I'm doing props for a show that, to some extent, deals with stereotypical images of women...there are Playboys on the set, there are going to be nudes... there's probably going to be a Farrah Fawcett poster. (ugh!)
Also, yesterday, someone (who has turned out to be a bit of a jerk) took a headless shot of me looking my worst as I came in to church (wearing my cape), and posted it, along with a NASTY caption to Facebook. I actually looked nice underneath the cape, but you wouldn't know it from the picture.
But then this morning I found this wonderful site, this wonderful project, called which is these gorgeous photographs of normal women. Not models, not made up, some have hair where women have hair... wrinkles, stretch marks....
And they are all photographed beautifully and empoweringly.
And THAT is what we need more of in this world. Not pictures oozing negativity, but positivity. We need more pictures celebrating the beauty that is within each and every one of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment