Saturday, April 9, 2011

Some days, there are some things I should not do...

like watch videos of my friends' kids. Sheesh.

I always thought I'd be somewhere else in my life at this point in time... I thought I'd be more successful, or established somehow... I thought I'd at least have kids... Or have had a lead in something....

I know a lot of great people, but as I was proclaiming to folks last night (btw, one glass of wine gets me drunk), the majority of men in my life on a regular basis are gay. Or married. (whispers) or both....

The choir director-gay (and vulgar, too)
People in the theatre--gay and single, gay and single, gay and in a relationship, gay and married.
The former choir director-gay (and engaged)


And the guys out there? gaaaaaahhhhhhhh! I don't want someone who just wants hot sex. (don't get me wrong, I like it as much as the next gal...) And you know what? at 40, yes I am going to have my own life, I'm not going to be waiting, pantingly, for Mr Right to drop from the heavens.

But its just, UGH! There's nowhere to meet them! Bleah.

I wish more places like Hillstead would have singles nights. I really do. Because straight guys can appreciate the arts, can appreciate music, culture. Can't they?

But recently friends of mine have been posting pics of their adorable babies.... and, *sigh* I really want one. I just feel like I'm growing old alone...

No comments: