Thursday, October 7, 2010

I know, I know....

I complain and grimace and mutter about my favorite blogs not being updated, or vanishing into the ether. Then I don't update my own. Tsk tsk tsk. And I have so many things I was inspired to try writing blog posts about, I've got a lot in the 'rough drafts' section. I could write about trying to find community service things for my ccd class to do. I thought about reverse trick or treating, but they are a little young for that... I could write about dating, trying to find true love... but I'm figuring that out and don't want to scare the nice man away! I could write about how the status of women in this day and age is still not so far away from the past... Men don't rhapsodize over knitting or jam making... men whack meat and make sausages! (ok, that came out a little more sexual than I intended). I could write about the climate of anger, and how much it has invaded our society...we have a problem with bullying and mean things, but look at the atmosphere out there. Almost every ad I see with people in it is MEAN. I cringe every time I see that phone ad with the breakup. We hear about the anger, the nastiness, the ick. I wish we could have a political campaign where, for every nasty thing someone says, they have to counter with something nice.
I could talk about obesity in this country. I could talk about racism, sexism. I could talk about isolation. But right now, my words fail me. So much to talk about...

(My next post I might talk about what I want for my birthday, though!)

No comments: