So, I have no winter clothes. Literally, I'm going to be naked this winter...unless I find something. The problem is that EVERYTHING seems to be focussed on fitting skinny straight boyish bodies. Here's a news flash...I am NOT a gay man.(Not to stereotype, but every gay man I know is very good-looking and slender) I am a curvy woman. I'm not even that heavy anymore.. (although I've gained weight since coming back to the US). But even so, its tough to find clothes. Everything is a hefty knit...ok, that looks good on a stick, but if you have curves, all of a sudden, you become a lumpy mass of kablooey. I actually like sweater dresses, but they HAVE to be a thinner knit, not big, chunky Irish wool. That just makes me look like an elephant who had a bad weight-loss surgery.
I just get so frustrated. And give me some color, for goodness sake! I like color! And shopping online isn't much help either...
Its sad, I know what I need, I even have some idea of shapes that look well on me. But all I find are hoochie mama or disfiguring knits.
And why have a winter wool dress with short sleeves? WHY? I want my arms to be warm too! (That was the only thing that looked reasonable on me, except for the sleeves and the belt that they'd attached).
No comments:
Post a Comment