Friday, September 26, 2008

Blogging and my life....

So I'm on Facebook, and one of my friends (a college professor!!! eeek, when did we get OLD?) wants to teach a class on blogging, according to her status report.

I think blogging is a fascinating phenomenon. I love reading blogs, there are some that are really wonderful. I also like writing my blog, because in some ways it does help me clarify my feelings about things. I'm uncomfortable now about putting too much personal stuff 'out there' because it is linked to my facebook page...and I suspect people could find it pretty easily otherwise.

I did find myself thinking a little bit in terms of 'blog posts' on my trip. This is when I'd wished I'd had my computer with me, so that I could have done the blog post on the pigeons, or travelling alone, or whatever else I was thinking of. Because even though I have some of the pics for the blog things I was thinking of...

(a view of Montmartre from Musee d'orsay, and vice versa, par example)

I've forgotten the witty things I meant to post.

But I do remember feeling, 'oh, this would make a fantastic blog entry'.

And I just finished reading a fabulous book, called 'Petite Anglaise', which is a story about how one woman's blog changed her life.

I've found a lot of blogs through books, sometimes in very roundabout ways. I read the Sweet Potato Queens books, went to the messageboard, after that died, ended up on a linked messageboard with another author who has a blog I love... (how's that for a run-on sentence?). I found some blogs just linked in the backs of the books.

I've found blogs through other blogs as well.. some have been linked through messageboards that I read, some I happen on by accident. I found a few blogs when searching for a friend's blog...

Its just really amazing to see the number of blogs out there. And to get glimpses into people's lives and the things they are passionate about.

Because even though I may never be a quilter or a knitter, I can see the gorgeous things people make on their blogs and go 'ooooo'. And hopefully, this blog will inspire someone, someday...to do what, I'm not sure..maybe just to live life sucessfully as a single woman who is always trying new things, and who is chasing some dreams...

No comments: