So I was glancing through this, while having coffee and trying to wake up:
http://www.stylelist.com/blog/photos/margielas-faceless-models/1065556/
My first thought is that its a ready-to-wear line for the modern dominatrix...
But then I'm flipping through more and more and I start to wonder...granted, the focus in the article is the facelessness, which I'm sure is supposed to be a comment (at least to me) on the interchangeability of fashion models, and maybe about how its the fashion that is important, and not the wearer.
But I'm really seeing more than hints of S&M style as I continue...there's duct tape.. I did really like the shapes of a couple of pieces... the two jackets were nice... I did like the round circle of the one....
But I do start to wonder when there is such dichotomy over what one sees on the runway and the stuff that is in the stores...there doesn't seem to be any influence of one vs the other.....
Me, I'd just like to find something wearable and flattering in the stores...
No comments:
Post a Comment