*sigh*
So we had our first rehearsal for Annie last night. I'm ensemble, that's fine, I knew that going in. But I kept hoping, until last night, that I'd have a line, or even be an understudy for someone... nope. The only one who was in it last year who does not have any additional bit? Me. Bleah. Everyone else has two or three bits. I know I tended to duck out early from the cast parties and such, but I don't do well when I can't drink because there is nothing safe for me to eat...and don't want to get sloshed when I have to drive myself home. I did sign up for the cast party comittee, that way I can make sure there will be stuff for various allergies, etc, maybe some interesting punch/non-alcoholic stuff.
It just becomes hard to sign up for as much as I'd like to, living 1/2 an hour (or 45 minutes in the case of SLOCO) away, so I try to sign up for those things I can do at home, etc. I'm sure that was a factor. As is the fact that I seem to be scheduled (AGAIN!!!) to work the Sat we move in to SHS. I can't really ask to switch, because with all the crud going on at work, its not really flexible. *sigh*
Oh well, it will still be fun. And there is always next year. Even though this year is when my parents are actually around... imagine that.
No comments:
Post a Comment