Sorry that I haven't posted in a while, oh Faithful Reader. I've been busy. I've had a bunch of thoughts recently, though (gasp! She THINKS too!)
I just read a book by Kirsten Lobe, called French Trysts. It details her fictional sexcapades in Paris, before she reconnects with her true love. And then there was a movie tonight, called Trust The Man, which was also about relationships and sex.
Both of these, at heart, are about knowing what you want and working out a relationship. Of trusting the other person that is out there. I just end up feeling so lonely... I go out there, and I am happy with myself, comfortable with myself, but yet, somehow, I'm unapproachable.
What gives? Do I have cooties? Do I smell?
Granted, it doesn't help that every man I meet seems to be significantly older, married, or gay.
All I want is to date. DATE. I'm not even looking for s-e-x at this point (lived without it for five years, I can go a little longer). It just feels sleazy to go to some of these singles things. And Internet guys?? Ewwwwww. Tried that before with my last few relationships...blech.
And yes, I have tried Home Depot, I've tried going to the grocery store after work and picking a couple things up, and flirting (and guys, if you are married, wear your ring, PLEASE). I go to church regularly, but I'm not really interested in the 'church singles' group. I'm sorry, but lets all meet up in a group and go to pray the Rosary? Oh yeah, that's a stimulating single activity.
I work at the library (although it would help, in the summer, to work upstairs, and NOT in Children's), I'm in community theater (and guess what, the guys there are all married too).
Hey, God, I could use some help please. It is impossible to try to date and meet people in this day and age. And I'd like to someday have a 'last man I kissed' be someone other than my ex.
Bleah. Trying to date is worse than trying on swimsuits.
1 comment:
Just so you know. I had a 'coffee date' today. Creepy guy from church. GAAAAAAAH. He apparently kept driving by my house to see if I was home so he could take me out for coffee. He also wants to marry a rich woman so he can have a mansion on the river, like 50 Cent's house. With a movie theater and swimming pool. Wonder if he wants the stripper pole too?
And he's a custodian at the local school. He apparently thinks some couple at church are my parents. Eeeeeeek. eeewwww ewwww ewwwww.
Post a Comment