Thursday, January 3, 2008

Dreams, heartache, and love.

She had always had her secret dreams of the first time some one should ask her the great question. And it had, in those dreams, always been very romantic and beautiful: and the "some one" was to be very handsome and dark-eyed and distinguished-looking and eloquent... And it would always be a beautiful memory, to be proud of and a little sad about also.

Anne of the Island, L.M. Montgomery

It would degrade me to marry Heathcliff now; so he shall never know how I love him: and that, not because he's handsome, Nelly, but because he's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same; and Linton's is as different as a moonbeam from lightning, or frost from fire.

Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte

"Phedre no Delaunay, we are mismatched in more ways than I can count, and like as not, we'll find ways to hurt each other neither of us have even dreamt yet. The only thing I can imagine worse than spending my life with you is being without you- I've done it, and I never want to experience the like again."

Kushiel's Chosen, Jacqueline Carey

No comments: