heh, that sounds like the title of a book of short stories... "I have a naked man on my fridge, and other stories"... Anyway, I really do have a naked man on my fridge, the David magnet. I also have the Venus, but Venus has her clothes, unlike David's, which went 'poof' in the move (not that I mind, mind you...this is the only naked man I have in my life, might as well be a pretty one!--not well endowed, but that is a modern thing...the Greeks actually thought large 'equipment' was coarse, and smaller was better... and yes, I have eclectic knowledge--my brain is a strange place to live).
Anyway, I'm so used to my naked man that when I had a party this last weekend, I forgot to take him off!! (It was a church party too, with lots of 'good Catholics' and a few children!) Ooops. Venus was fully dressed, but not David. I only woke up to this when I walked into the kitchen and found that someone had undressed Venus, and put a dress on David.... heh.
Its funny, the things you get so used to when you live alone.........
(And no, I wouldn't mind having a naked man in my bed sometime in the next couple of years...God, if you are listening!)
But it started me wondering, again, about the subtle sexism in this day and age...its ok for women to be undressed but men not? Still? Its indecent having pics of naked men around, but its more acceptable to have naked women than men... in film, in art, in pornography, even. Even on the Internet, you are more likely (unless you go to a gay site) to find more pictures of naked women. I used to subscribe to Playgirl, supposedly marketed to women. Even there, you had pictures of naked women. (And that magazine actually catered to a lot of gay men...I also started receiving a catalog marketed to gay men of sex toys...some were very very imaginative). Mapplethorpe got in trouble for his erotic photos of men, not necessarily of women.. in film you see naked breasts all the time, but naked penises? No, that would be indecent. *sigh*
I'm reading a book now, by Gina Barraca, that is discussing the younger woman/older man syndrome, but another syndrome that also exists, but is less accepted somehow, is the older woman/younger man. The older woman becomes a 'cougar' or 'Mrs Robinson'. Both of these are labels I hate! And what is wrong with an older woman and younger man? Younger men are cute, they have stamina, and they won't be tottering around while you want to dance the night away! But there are so many fewer older-women/younger-men couples out there....
I just think we still have a ways to go in this society... we need to have equality. So that single women can have pictures of naked men in their house without having to worry about taking them down!
No comments:
Post a Comment