Ok. We have a huge problem in the US. HUGE. We have obesity. And we have it for a number of reasons. We sit on our asses with Facebook, Twitter, blogging away... playing computer games... but we also have it because we are a culture of cheap-asses too.
I was just at Target, home of cheap stuff. Now granted, some of Target's stuff is good quality... I have never seen so much bulk crap in my life. I went into the candy aisle because I wanted a small box of Reese's pieces. No such luck. Everything was bulk candy. Big bags of candy, big things of soda (and they no longer have the sugar-sweetened soda I like). Everything with high-fructose corn syrup. I was also looking for a drying rack (God Forbid! Drying clothes on a drying rack?) Flimsy, cheap. And everything was plastic. Went to the garden section, because I was looking for a couple of things, including trowels. Chemicals and more plastic.
Whatever happened to real stuff? to things that are built to last? To wooden drying racks, to trowels that don't break the minute they hit a stone? Its all image gardening. Its nothing that people actually use! People sit on their riding mowers to mow the lawn. They spray chemicals all over, eat chemicals, and its my opinion that the chemicals contribute to the ill-health of the nation.
Bleah. And whatever happened to shorts? I just want a nice pair of summer shorts.
No comments:
Post a Comment