Monday, January 10, 2011

Why can't we all just get along?

So, a lunatic goes out on a shooting rampage. And my Facebook page starts filling up with vitriol about how Sarah Palin caused this... and no, just no. But at the same time, there is a point when campaign and political talk becomes too much... why do we need crosshairs on a map of the US? Why do we need to CONSTANTLY hear the negatives about other candidates? About political opponents?

I wish we could all take the time to say one nice thing about the opposition. I wish we could all unite in mourning these poor people. I wish we could actually look at what we agree on...no-one wants higher taxes or a budget deficit. We all want people to have jobs and homes. We want a healthy economy.


Can we please, please, please stop erupting in blame and maybe just scale back the rhetoric? Scale back the grandstanding. And focus on what we agree on....

No comments: