Well, I think I may finally be learning how to manage being sick, when its just me. Maybe.
I'm actually eating relatively regularly this go-round, healthfully too...
But still, this is one of the times it would be nice to be in a relationship... to have someone I could call or email (or ask in person) to please pick up some books/DVDs/Orange juice.
Or to make breakfast, or wash the dishes...
Still, I made some broiled chicken the other day, and I'd made a pot of lentils and rice and kale that I've been adding veg to and eating off of....
All I really want to do is just curl up in a little ball and watch junk... relatively mindless tv (yes, MAD MEN is mindless....its really about the outfits, the sets, and the old graphics)
Or read something escapist. Something simple, comforting, wild....
And the dishes will keep until I get better. And breakfast doesn't have to be complicated.
And I always have HULU for junk tv....
Now, really, I just need a shirtless manservant to peel grapes for me... not some silly relationship.
(and yes, I know relationships are about loving/nuturing/caring. I have ended up in relationships in the past where I've been given a can of soup, and that's been considered 'taking care of me'...this is an idealized, unrealistic relationship I'm picturing above...)
Well, in some ways. Because I want a relationship where my partner is going to be aware of my needs, where they are going to say "hey, you are sick, let me get you some tea" or something...
No comments:
Post a Comment