So, I'm in a play. With a few other women. And I'd mentally labelled a couple of the others as 'skinny'... I'd picked up one dress that might have worked as a costume for one...remember, I was thinking 'skinny'... Imagine my surprise to realise they are the same size I am. (And not much taller).
It took me aback a little, because I really don't think of myself as a non-fat person. I still see myself as being large... and its just this strange dichotomy where I am aware of every ounce of fat on my body, and I see myself as being closer to the 'big girls' rather than the skinny ones.
But maybe I can change this. How? I'm not sure. Its an ongoing struggle. Yes, Mom, I know I'm heavier than I need to be, but I also need to accept and love myself as I am, right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment