I grew up in different countries. In Kuwait, and Egypt. I went to school with kids from different countries, from Thailand, Pakistan, Germany, and yes, even the occasional American.
We'd run in to people in airports when I was growing up...but the Internet has really made the world a smaller place. Facebook has made the world a smaller place. I'd, even a couple years ago, look at old pictures and say "hmmm, I wonder whatever happened to that person". And now, sometimes, I know.
I got a Facebook friend request yesterday that made my jaw drop. A boy I went to school with, in Egypt, who is in Thailand. THAILAND. And we're in touch again! How cool is that?
Its surreal in some ways, to be reconnecting with all these elements of one's past that you always thought would be a closed door... people from college, from school, from your childhood, commenting on your status along with people from your current life...
Modern kids are growing up in a much more 'connected' life. They'll never know pictures that don't come out, they'll have more ability to stay in touch with folks as they grow up...
Its just so odd, when 20 years ago, computers were a special thing....
No comments:
Post a Comment