I just ordered a few things from BlueCanoe and Gaiam. I'm trying to head down the environmental path and buy clothes that are sustainable, eco-friendly, etc. The problem is, even at these sites, they have some things that are not. There is a bra on sale that, unfortunately, is lined with a foam. (which brings up another rant, not all of us with big tits have huge nipplage, why do we need a camouflaging lining of foam that just makes the girls look bigger? And on that note, the reason I hate bras? Underwire. Which goes right into my armpits)
Anyway, organic clothes are also pricy. They are nice, gorgeous colors, lovely feel....but really, ka-ching in the wallet. At least a lot of them are made in the States, so its not just supporting China. But still, its a little bit dismal. You do have to read labels carefully to make sure a product has not been 'greenwashed'. And yes, I do wish there were more local places I could buy organic clothes....
No comments:
Post a Comment