Travelling alone can be a lot of fun. You can stop at a museum that looks interesting, or run through the Picasso museum because you like his early stuff or later stuff, but not the in-between. (Just a tip, though, distance makes all the difference in looking at his pieces). You can go to a movie, a bookseller, or change your plans if you feel a little unenergetic. (Which is what happened to me today, too much tourista the past two days). I'm considering getting a couple magazines and going to Paris-Plage. (they have transformed the banks of the Seine into a 'beach', its very cool)
In Paris, there is no stigma about dining alone, or going to the butcher and getting one of something. You can stop, have a cafe, watch the world go by. You don't even get hit on all that much. I get hit on more often by sleazy characters in New York.
The only issue with traveling alone is that its difficult to take silly pictures of yourself thinking with The Thinker, or posing with 'Les Trois Ombres'. You will get a lot of pics of me, at arm's length, grinning like a fool into the camera... but that's about it. Otherwise there isn't much proof that I'm actually here... I don't want to come back!
No comments:
Post a Comment