This has been a great trip so far, but I am so tired! Its finally an afternoon of down time. Everyone came back and crashed after we sang.. (it was very cool though, as we sang this morning at the Pilgrim´s Mass at Santiago De Compostela). That was neat. And apparently the priest and nun were very complimentary. I messed up my knee earlier in the week, in Madrid, I think, and it finally got back to normal, more or less, this afternoon.
Its been an amazing trip, but I do have some issues with the planning. This is our first free afternoon (previously its been an hour here, half an hour there) and we are out in the boonies, away from the city. With the previous cities we visited, our hotels were in town, but we would get there at siesta time, have to leave when things opened, and were exhausted by the time we were done. There has to be a better way to plan a trip.
And if a person has a food allergy, the tour agency needs to talk to the restaurants, etc ahead of time, make sure that there will be something available for that person. I got the best meal of the trip when the director´s parents organised a dinner. I got a lovely salad, octopus, all kinds of things, because his mom knew what celiac disease is.
I shudder to think what will happen when this tour group gets someone with a peanut allergy.
But singing in all these old cathedrals has been truly, truly amazing. It really has. And singing as part of a Mass for all these people who had traveled from all over the world? Wow. (And they had this huge incense censer-I forget the name) which was amazing. Just a spectacular experience. Photos will be added in about a month.
No comments:
Post a Comment