I'm a creative person. I'm a maker, a dreamer. An artist.
But I am stuck. Very very very stuck. I just feel as if I have tried so many avenues in my life, and nothing has worked.
In MD I was a member of the Museum, went to all the singles things. I took jewelry classes at the art school, took ceramics at Clayworks.
I went to a couple of cons at various points in my life. But they never clicked. Probably because the first one I went to, I was dropped in the deep end, literally. GLUG. The next few were with my ex, who was basically UGH. I might fit the con world if I had a room to go back to and someone to hang out with. I don't know.
I've tried the pagan community, I've tried the Church community, nothing fit. I've TRIED. I'm too straight for the pagans, too warped for the Catholics.
I don't really fit in here in suburbia either. And as someone with money, I just feel, particularly since the person I trusted told me that he was jealous of my money... I feel alone. I just feel that people are just interested in my money, and not me.
I'm greying, homely, and a little unconventional.
I'm gluten-free, so can't even go out to eat with people.
I never had kids, that's not likely to happen now...
And I just have given up.
I've tried theater, the theater I got involved with just wanted me to pay for everything.
I've tried volunteering different places. I don't like the idea of volunteering at a soup kitchen to help "the poor" because it smacks of condescension to me.
I need to find my people, somehow. I need to find my space. A nurturing, creative space.
I'm never going to find love, I'm not sure it exists. Although I wouldn't mind having sex again in my lifetime before I get too saggy and baggy.
I just want to find somewhere I am valued and appreciated. Where I'm not just seen as the CCD lady. Because I may have taught CCD, but never taught the older kids because I could never teach what I consider hate. Even if it is the Church's creed. It sticks in my craw.
Everyone else in my family is moving forward, moving on, and I can't seem to even buy a car for myself.
I give up. I have given up. I need to find a new direction, but I don't know where to go, where to look.
No comments:
Post a Comment