Saturday, April 27, 2013

Fashion in my forties and beyond....

So, recently I've been skimming some fashion blogs.   I need to jazz up my wardrobe, my look.   I don't have a lot of fun pieces anymore.    But where to shop is the question?

Marshalls seems to go Ka-thunk in a big way these days.   I have not walked into a Marshalls and walked out with anything cute...   I used to find things at Forever 21 (yes, I know...no NOT pants or shorts, I know my limits with that store), but they've gotten a little too flimsy for me....  I see things from time to time at Anthropologie, mostly on the website...

Used to find things at Target, but that has gone downhill.   And there doesn't seem to be a decent vintage store around...  what's a gal to do?

If I find something I like online, on a blog, its gone in real life.  Or its sized for a skinny minny.

I think, though, as I hit my forties, I am coming into my own.  I have found fun things in various places to layer up,   I know the feel I want, and even if I'm not skinny, I'm so much more.

I have the confidence to color my grey hair teal.  

I like some patterns, I like florals.   I like things that are a shade different.    I'm artsy, always have been, and now my clothes reflect that.

I just wish there were more clothes out there for rebellious forty-somethings.   For funky ladies, who like color, movement, and some shape.

I have a lot of clothes "to fit into", to shrink into.   So there's that issue, too....

But finding cute clothes as a "mature" woman...that's unique.     Being short doesn't help much either....

Let me give you a slightly blurry example:

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/shopsale-clothing/26119479.jsp


Obviously did not buy it.   Although I really thought about it.   Opinions?   I loved, loved, loved the material and the sleeves.  I tried it without the undergarment and it looked a little better...   but *sigh*....

No comments: