Now, granted, for me, it does not come with money worries, lets get that straight right now. But it is very odd going back in to the library and not going in back, and getting to work. I went yesterday. Got some fascinating books (new books, too, since I've been good at getting them back by the due date!). But I also ran into two patrons from Barney, and had to tell them I no longer was working at the Library. One man, a fixture at Barney, was very disappointed.
But it was nice to be able to chat with some of my former co-workers at the desk...
And i had not realised the stress that I was under in that job.. which should not have been a stressful job. My hair has stopped coming out. Now it is just shedding at a normal rate.
The advantage of having gone virtually full-time is that I'm less in the "sitting and snacking" habit. I'm still trying to keep to somewhat of a meal schedule. Which is one of the things that can go by the wayside if you are single....
The house is cleaner. I tidied the basement the other day. Now I need to look at getting some shelving. Shelving for the basement, for the garage. For the "linen closet" (although why I bother with that one, since apparently I don't own any full sets of sheets anymore...)
I was sick for at least two weeks after quitting. I think my immune system had just had it and gave up the proverbial ghost....
I still have the bug in my brain, though. As I was skimming through the shelves, I kept thinking "This would be good for so-and-so" and I did give a couple of book suggestions to people.
Old habits die hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment