Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A very solitary Christmas. Which is fine.

I was alone for Christmas.

I built a fire.

I read a book.

I took a nap.

I was going to roast a duck, but its still frozen.

I had pickles and cheese for lunch.  :)

And I had one present.

And you know, with all that, it was still a good Christmas.

I do wish I'd bought a tree...it would have been nice to have the Christmas lights tonight.

But I did not miss the sugar, the hyper, the trying-not-to-be-poisoned by gluten...

Sometimes living alone is nice.  You can wear your jammies all day.   You can slip a little schnapps into your morning coffee.  You can do a crossword and listen to Christmas carols by the fireplace...

I had myself a Merry Little Christmas, and my heart is light.

I hope, if you are reading this, that the rest of your Christmas is merry.

No comments: