Now, don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but its about sharing joy, and love, and living alone, I don't always feel that I have that....I know my family (extended) loves me, but they have their own kids, their own lives, their own holiday traditions... (and yes, I do have mine, but its not as fun as when you have joyous little people waiting in eager anticipation)
I do have a tree, and a creche. It used to feel more like Christmas when Vallis was together, and did the Lessons and Carols. When I had a couple of holiday parties to go to. Now, I just feel like the Grinch. I don't want to do any holiday baking, because I'll eat it all.
Oh Bah humbug. Constantly visited by the ghosts of Christmases might-have-beens... I find myself very jealous of folks who have kids, who have partners... but I am, in some ways, doing better than some of the older ladies I know from work, who really have no family, who are really alone for the holidays. Because I am young, I am healthy (relatively), and its not too late to adopt, to have a kid for next year, maybe, to share a little of what I have...
And maybe today I'll find some Christmas Spirit hiding under the mat...
But in the meantime, a ghost from Christmas Past...
Bah Humbug
No comments:
Post a Comment