Sunday, February 27, 2011

Flu, living alone, and rereading books.

I have a bug of some sort. Just achy, my eyes hurt, I'm stuffy, and dizzy. Bleah. Right now I kind of think I might be hungry, but am not sure....I just ache...

I'm rereading a book that inspired me when I was on the weight-loss roller-coaster again a few years back...Frances Kuffel's Passing For Thin. I still remember what it was like being over 220 lbs. I was fat, but invisible (and in some ways still am...I'm still fat, no question). The problem is that I have a real disjunction between what I see in the mirror and what the reality is. I'll get dressed, look at myself in the mirror, think I look nice, and then see a picture of myself and cringe...

but I am losing weight. I could pull a pair of jeans off without unbuttoning them the other day! (size 16, but still, progress). That's the good thing with joining a CSA. Even though you end up with a lot of food in the house, it encourages you to cook and eat the fresh stuff...

I just wish I felt up to eating anything tonight... bleah.

No comments: