Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bits and Pieces. Or should that be Kibbles and Bits?

Hehe. My brain is so random, sometimes. Does anyone else remember that ad? Is it just me, or did ads used to be much more catchy? Although I have to say I loved the Verizon takeover of Big Red...THAT made me smile.

Thanks to my friend MaryAnne, I am now trying to figure out what to name my house. My house needs a name! And no, I'm not calling it Mallsview Manor, although that would be accurate.

I'm finally slapping up paint samples on the walls. I'm going to be so happy when its painted inside...

A friend asked me yesterday what I am doing for my 40th Birthday. I answered that I am in denial. Its not just a river in Egypt! Eeek, 40. I don't feel 40.

I'm going to get my legs waxed for the first time today. See? You can still have firsts, even at 39!

On a more serious note, I'm all for organics, but most people can't afford them. We need to do something to make good, healthy food available for people. Food that hasn't been genetically altered, or sprayed with toxic sludge. Conventional crops are sprayed with the raw sewage waste from animal farming... and most things now are so artificial that they stay 'fresh' forever. I have a thing of lettuce in my fridge that has been there for a month (still in its packaging) and it still looks fresh. What does that say about what we are putting in our bodies?

I need some summer work clothes. I have no clothes. Bleah. I need one more pair of jeans, some light slacks, and summer clothes. I have nothing. And I need shoes. Wheeeee.

No comments: