Prince Charming? A White Christmas?
I think we all get caught up in the craziness of this world that we stop dreaming. And yes, there is a difference between dreaming and coveting. (On a side note, try to explain 'covet thy neighbor's wife' to your CCD kids! GAAAAAH One of those 'Think fast on your feet' moments)
I have dreams... I'd like to become more of an actress, a singer. I'd like to have a solo someday, and I've started, hopefully, on that path. I have a small role in a play...
I'd like to do more ceramics, and be able to really come up with gorgeous things that make people say 'oooooh'. I'd like to make a little more money...
Of course I do covet things. I covet the body I used to have when I was a teenager. I would love to be a skinny minnie again... on reflection, however, I'm pretty happy with my life. You don't have to covet to have dreams and follow them. And that's the point that gets lost sometimes, particularly at Christmas.
Christmas is about hope, about dreams and love. But its become so commercialized that its become about greed and desire and coveting. There's always something bigger and better and new... and really, Christmas is about love, and showing love.
No comments:
Post a Comment