Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Why I am proud to be an American.

We elected for change, for fresh blood. We proved the system works! I am patriotic, don't say I am not, just because I feel that America can learn things from other countries. I welled up when returning to the USA this summer, and saw the Statue of Liberty, lit up at 5 am in New York Harbour.

I am proud to have voted, I am proud that we elected for change, and am proud to be part of the democratic process. Even though there were times when I felt as if it would never end, and times when people got their feelings hurt, and much anger and backbiting was thrown around, its over. I do still feel like the system does need some tweaking, but in the end, it can work.

Let us all unite and move forward under our new President.

No comments: