At the after-show party, my friend Robert was grilling this guy (the only single guy at the party) and trying to sell me. It was like 'ummmm, ok, but really, no thanks'.
Here's Catherine, she's single, she's been on a dig, she works at the Library, you really should go to the Library where she works [ummm, no thank you. I have enough problems with people in Farmington knowing my business and getting overly involved], she's nice, she owns her own house...
BLEAH.
The problem is, I don't mind people fixing me up with people that they already know, and that they think would be a good match for me. But please, please, by all that is holy, don't just glom onto a guy for me because he is single. That way lies madness. Introduce me to someone nice that I have stuff in common with.
At this point in my life, yes, I am picky, thank you. I've had so many failed relationships that I know what doesn't work for me. I want someone who has their own place, their own life. I want someone who has passion for what they do. I want intelligence, and yes, I'd like someone cute. I wouldn't mind a bit of a neat freak, since I have a tendency to pile things up... layers, piles, dissarray.
And just FYI, Robert, of course, is gay. Its a given. They are all married or gay. If any single guys are reading this, here's a hint to meet girls. Get into community theater.
And my interests? Word games, ceramics, the arts, history, travel (at least have an interest in other countries), books, jigsaw puzzles, good movies, theater, music, musical theater....
No comments:
Post a Comment