Friday, November 29, 2019

If you HAVE to buy me a gift

Dear fam and friends, here's the thing.  The planet is going *poof*.  Too many emissions, too much oil use, too much toxicity.  Too much stuff.  I honestly don't even use gift cards anymore.   We have a real problem.   That being said, every time I plead for please, please, please, no gifts, I get them anyway, for the sake of buying something, I guess.   (again, I really really really am hesitant for more stuff).  So:  things I would actually like:

Fountain pen with ink.  Fun colors in the ink is cool too.   (I really want to get away from biros/plastic pens)

Coloring books.  (I had one, it vanished, I am sad..its a good meditative thing to do before bed)

I could use some nice flannel sheets.  Preferably organic.   Maybe with snowflakes on?

An enrober attachment  for my stand mixer.   Most chocolate-covered candy/even fruit has been glutened.   I would love to be able to make stuff at home.

Cookbooks.  I would love the latest Jose Andres cookbook that is veggie oriented.  (Vegetables Unleashed).  My friend Mary Anne Mohanraj has also written a cookbook.   The intolerant Gourmet, by Barbara Kafka is another good one which I'd like.


I'd love an amaryllis or two.   Or a fern.

Maybe some of those silicone "Stasher" bags.  Or cloth produce and bread bags. (I'd be able to go to the gluten-free bakery and have them put the bread in one of those instead of a plastic-single-use sleeve).  (There are some good resources at  https://packagefreeshop.com)

I'll probably keep updating this as I think of things.


No comments: