I want to start off by saying this lead in Flint's water is horrible. And apparently it is also an issue elsewhere in the US as well. But the environmental fallout from it is also horrible.
If every household is using four cases of water a week (which I'm sure is a low estimate), mostly for cooking, but also drinking. And what about cleaning? they have to bathe, they have to do laundry, they have to clean the floors and the dishes...
So they go to paper dishes.
And all the plastic bottles, and the wrappers for those.
And the plastic cups.
Or the TV dinners.
And this water is sourced from places like California, Maine, etc, so that is going to have an impact.
I keep feeling like I am going to wake up one day and see...
We lived in Paradise once.
We had hot and cold potable water from the faucet.
We could plant things outside.
Animals used to live in our oceans, on our prairies, in our streams..
We have residual lead in our paint, outside our homes, by the highways.
We have lead in our makeup.
Roundup is everywhere.
And it just keeps feeling like the corporations are winning. That they are profiting from all these disasters. That we are driving ourselves ever closer to the graveyard.
Buried in piles of plastic. Poisoned by lead.
No comments:
Post a Comment