Saturday, June 8, 2013

Inspired by Amanda Palmer.

So, I went on Twitter this morning, to see that Amanda Palmer had a whole wave of people tweeting pics to her of so-called problem areas of their bodies.  With the hashtag photoshop this.

I am fat.  Yes. I am beautiful, but I am also fat.   I will never, ever, ever be skinny.   (Sorry Mom).

I am also strong, Relatively healthy, and I can do a lot with my body.  

Yes, I have stretch marks.   No, I don't shave/pluck/primp all the time, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I'll wear makeup, nail polish, high heels...  other times, not so much.

I do wear bikinis on the beach.   I do wear clothes that fit, because, yes, even though I'm fat, I have an hourglass figure.  I have hips, a waist, boobs.  I do have a nice shape.

I don't wear baggy, floaty clothes.  

My skin is starting to lose elasticity...  I'm going to rock the tank tops, the cleavage, etc while I still can.

Because I am beautiful.  And in my heart, I believe it.   And we have to show other women that they are still beautiful, even if they aren't fashion-model-skinny.


No comments: