Friday, May 20, 2011

On the apocalypse, hoarding, procrastination, and other fun things...

Occasionally, I have a lapse in judgement and watch hoarders.  

Then I get depressed.

Not that my house approaches that degree...  by a long shot.  But it is a far cry from what I want it to be, somehow.  Other things are always more important...   The places I volunteer at, the stuff I have to do that never gets finished...  

So I have piles.  Piles of mail, piles of ceramics, piles of dishes.  

I'm not a hoarder.  I can throw things out.

But I see so easily how people become hoarders.  Particularly if you live with one.

Which is why I only want to date neatniks now...  but at the same time, my house is not a neatnik house.

The eternal conundrum

Hopefully, the Rapture will sweep me away tomorrow.  Then I won't have to deal with any more crap.

(Of course, if it doesn't, then I'm screwed).

No comments: