1) A question: Would folks be interested in reading a column about what is new and good at the Library? I'm trying to figure out how to get some income, but do something interesting. I was thinking of going to local libraries, checking out the books in the New Section and writing a column on the ones i like (and didn't like too, I suppose). There are a lot of book reviews, but I'm not sure there is anything that actually showcases hidden gems in the Library.
2)Product placement is everywhere these days. I just tried out a new game online, and it was basically an advertisement for traditional beauty products. *sigh* Even the teenage books talk about using stuff you find at the drugstore, traditional pads, tampons, etc. There doesn't seem to be any usage of washable pads, the sponge, the cup, or even the organic versions. And a note to the makers of this game, douche is not a beauty product. GRRRR.
3) Aging sucks. My father seems to have mostly reverted to his inner five-year-old. If I ever have kids, they will have a wonderful time imitating their grandfather. Me, not so much. Its ironic that the man who was so focussed on appearance is now so oblivious to it. I wish there was a good option for what they will do next... I am not comfortable with them going back to Egypt, particularly in the light of the stuff I learned this weekend. My hypothetical kids may not end up with a grandfather, because he is going to end up getting himself bopped on the head one night.
No comments:
Post a Comment