Friday, February 20, 2009

Three Beautiful Things Today.

I've decided I want to try to come up with three beautiful things about every day. This is inspired by a wonderful blog...

http://www.threebeautifulthings.blogspot.com/

I will also be asking my CCD kids to find one beautiful thing about each day during Lent.

I just find that I find myself feeling overwhelmed and cranky too much of the time, and not appreciating the beauty of life. We are in a society that wants more and more, and we stop looking and appreciating.

My beautiful things about today:

1)Fresh-ground coffee with cardamom. The scent perfumes the air and relaxes me, with a hint of the exotic and a flavor of home.
2)Dried apricots. Fruity flavor bursting in my mouth. yum.
3)a cold, crisp day. I appreciate the warmth of my home, nestled into the couch, looking out at the barren, bleak landscape.

No comments: